Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Day 245


This morning we invited A and his mom M, from playgroup, over to hang out at our place. Soren and A are just a few weeks apart in age, so they play pretty well together. The boys had a great time, running around like wild beasts and merrily strewing toys everywhere. They got along really well and seemed to have a lot of fun. There was some stealing back and forth of toys, but neither of them really got upset about it, and there was also some good sharing. And I enjoyed chatting with M while the kids played. It was a good morning overall. :)

I bought this cranberry-rolled goat cheese log from Trader Joe's before Thanksgiving, thinking maybe we'd eat it with crackers or something. We never got around to opening it, so it's been sitting in the fridge, waiting for me to figure out something to do with it. Tom suggested making little cheese-stuffed puff pastry pockets, so I used this morning's company as an excuse to get my act together and make them. They were super easy to do and came out great! Really though, how can you go wrong with cranberries, goat cheese, and puff pastry?

After our visitors left, Soren crashed out nicely for his nap. These days I so appreciate the silence of naptime; I can almost forget what a little maniac he is when he's sleeping so angelically. Almost. ;)

No comments: