Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 247


I had grand plans for a shopping outing on Thursday, but it ended up being significantly cheaper for me to order things online instead of going to the store to pick them up. It's crazy. Word to the wise - Barnes & Noble charges way less for books on their website than in their physical stores. I'm talking a $16 difference in the particular book I was looking at. And shipping's free (and fast) on orders over $25 (at least right now), so if you've got a couple of things to buy, it's just insane to even think of going to the store. I can wait 3 days to get my books, especially if it means I can now buy two for less than what I would have spent on one at the store. So yeah, way to reinforce my tendency to shop online anyway, Barnes & Noble!

I made a "one pan chicken dish" for dinner. The recipe claimed you could toss uncooked rice in with a can of condensed soup and some water, throw some frozen chicken on top, and bake everything for 45 minutes at 375F and have it all come out done. I guess white rice cooks faster than brown rice though, because by the time the rice was done, the chicken was pretty dry. Ah well. It was still a good idea, and I think if I parboiled the rice a little bit first, it would come out great. To be fair, I also used chicken tenderloins instead of breasts (which is what the recipe called for), so they were a lot smaller and probably cooked faster. Anyway! Rice, cream of mushroom soup, some creamed corn, and chicken, with a little paprika and black pepper. Pretty good dinner; one I'll try again with modifications, for sure.

A slightly blurry picture of the wild man for you, running around with his pjs half unzipped again. He's a crazy one, but a cutie.

No comments: