Sunday, January 31, 2010

I like grouping the weekend days together like this

Saturday:

Day 298


Day 23

We woke up to a rather generous dusting of snow outside on Saturday morning. It continued to snow for most of the day, eventually accumulating about 6 inches. Nothing like our big storm last month, but it was still pretty. I'm glad we didn't have anywhere to go. I had hoped to go for a swim (in the indoor pool, obviously) this weekend, but I awoke Saturday with a pretty nasty sore throat, so I scrapped those plans. Next weekend!

Sunday:

Day 299


Day 24

No additional snows overnight, and the roads were nice and clear, so I went on a grocery run in the early afternoon. Having two small kids (or even just one) really makes you appreciate being able to go grocery shopping without them. Soren's actually really good in the store - a little grabby sometimes, but not in the "I want it! I want it!" sort of way. Really he just likes grabbing things if I let the cart get too close to the shelves. Or he likes reaching back and grabbing things that are already in the cart. But he doesn't pitch a fit when I take them away and put them back. Really it's the whole getting in and out of the car production that I'm most pleased to avoid. I know there's not really a big difference in the amount of time it takes, but it just feels so much easier when I'm by myself.

Here's another pair of "same outfit, different kids" photos.

Soren was just a couple days shy of 2 months old in that picture (so, like, more than twice as old as Eleri), which is part of why his head looks smaller. It's just in better proportion with his body. (In better proportion with? That doesn't sound right, but I can't quite come up with the proper...you know what I mean.)

Man, the weekend went by way too fast. I'm not ready for Monday yet! Can't we get a do-over on today or something?

My brain's all fuzzy, and I'm fresh out of amusing anecdotes, so I'm going to wrap this up before I waste more pixels on drivel. I'm sure I'll be more entertaining tomorrow!

No comments: