Saturday, February 27, 2010

The first rule of Snot Club is...


Day 325


Day 50

I woke up Friday feeling pretty crummy. It's no fun having a cold when you've got two little hellions...er, adorable beloved darlings...to look after. Soren's been extra whiny and clingy for a little while, so I've been suspecting this was coming, but I think his 2-year molars are finally ready to make their move. The finger chewing and drooling and near-total inability to sleep on his own are pretty clear signs. And then in the middle of the night last night, he spiked a fever, so that confirmed it for me. It's going to be a rough few weeks until these bad boys erupt all the way.

Eleri has been eating more in the past few days, I think. Possibly sleeping more, as well. I suppose she's, like, growing or something. (Imagine that!) She's starting to make fun little coos and grunts when she's awake and looking around. Also, she seems to really like it when Soren gives her hugs in her chair. I kept getting after him about not squishing her, but she actually doesn't seem to mind at all. She doesn't cry (unless he accidentally leans on her arm or something) and she looks all intently and happily at him when he stands back up. It's quite cute.

Anyway, yesterday I had a cough and a head full of snot for most of the day, so I didn't really want to move from the couch. (Though I ended up feeling way better before dinner; the congestion went away entirely, so when Tom got home I booked it down to the gym to get some exercise and a respite from whiny kids.) Fortunately, Soren's fairly willing to sit and watch They Might Be Giants music videos on the iPod with me. Like this one:

No comments: