Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mama said there'd be days like this


Day 322


Day 47

Today was not the most stellar of days. A bunch of little things kind of just kept happening - in serial, not all at once - that conspired to exacerbate my initial grumpiness upon waking. I've no desire to rehash it all here, but let's just say I'm not at all sad to have the day winding down and the promise of a fresh start tomorrow.

Two small highlights on the day, though. The first was our trip to the park in the afternoon. We arranged to meet A and his mom there after naptime, and the boys were undaunted by the remaining snow on the playground. The slides and play structure were, at least, fully cleared. It was pretty chilly by the end of our hour there, but I think Soren had a good time overall. The second highlight, owing largely to the fact that I was on the ball enough to have dinner prepped in full by the time Tom got home, was that I was able to go swim some laps this evening. It was a huge step toward my being able to put the day's travails behind me.

Tomorrow we've got more mall walking on the agenda. I'm glad most of the snow and ice in the parking lot here has melted; soon we'll be able to start walking outside daily again!

No comments: