Friday, March 26, 2010

Moah Walla...Peece?!


Day 351


Day 76

We've been working with Soren for a while on saying "please" and "thank you." He's definitely got the idea down, now, but he still needs a fair bit of prompting. Few things make me feel more like a Mom than asking my kid, "Now what do you say?" (To which he replies, "Say thank you!")

Wednesday morning we did our weekly walk at the mall. Afterward, I decided to be brave and give the boy another shot at playing in the play area there. He did a little better than last time, but it was still only a matter of time before I had to chase him away from the escalators. Oh well! I was envious of the mom next to me, calmly telling her (nearly three year-old) daughter, "Okay, would you like to hear the rules? Here are the rules. You have to finish your milk before you can play. You have to stay on the carpet. And you have to take your shoes off. Deal?" And then they shook on it, and the little girl stuck to the deal! (Modulo a couple of occasions whereupon she ventured briefly off the carpet to ask her mom something.) Man, I hope nearly-three is as kind to us.

No comments: