Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has sprung

Saturday:

Day 347


Day 72

It has definitely started feeling like Spring around here. The flowers are starting to bloom, and the weather's been warm and nice. It's great to be able to spend more time outside! We've got to take advantage and enjoy it while we can, before it starts getting hot and muggy.

While I went out to get my hair cut on Saturday morning, Tom took the kids for a nice, long walk outside. After lunch and what could maybe be interpreted as a nap (Soren didn't want to sleep for very long at all, and Eleri only dozed for about 15 minutes, if that), I headed over to swim, and the 3 of them went to the playground. After all the running around & fresh air, I can't believe Soren didn't sleep better.

I decided I'd start keeping track of the books I read this year, just for fun. I added a link to the top of the page (Read in 2010), so you can check that out if you like. Though I won't be surprised if I get embarrassed by how slowly I'm getting through books and take the link down halfway through the year. ;)

Sunday:

Day 348


Day 73

Chore day. Tom & Soren went out to do the grocering, while Eleri napped and I did some laundry and filing. Exciting! When the boys got home, they brought with them a balloon from Trader Joe's. Eleri was very intrigued. I put the balloon string in her hand, though I'm pretty sure she can't yet understand about holding things and having control over her fists, but she seemed to really enjoy watching the balloon bob and bounce when she waved her arm around.

Soren's still communicating primarily in single words and short phrases, but occasionally he'll get the whole subject-verb-predicate thing arranged and spew out a reasonably coherent sentence. Yesterday, Tom put Eleri up on his shoulders, at which point the lass started gnawing on his hair (as babies are wont to do). Soren pointed and said, "Girl-o eats hair!" Hehe. Girl-o eats hair! Film at eleven!

This evening, we had our first after dinner family walk of the year. It was so pleasant and breezy. Naturally, after all of the lovely weather this weekend, it's supposed to rain for the next few days. Ah well. I actually (still) really like that about living here. Variety is nice!

3 comments:

ml said...

I have to say that after ~7 years in southern CA, i LOVE the sunshine, blue skies, and predictability of the weather =)

susan said...

Well there will be plenty of sunshine waiting for you in Phoenix! (Congrats, btw.) :)

MC Squared said...

Eleri videos on Flickr had the Catchpoles "gooing" last night.