Monday, April 05, 2010

Dig It


Day 360


Day 85

Friday was my first solo trip into the city with both kids. It went pretty well! We went in to meet my cousin Shannon, who came down from New York to stay with us for the weekend, and the mid-day Friday metro traffic was fortunately light enough - even with the glut of tourists in town for the cherry blossoms - that I didn't have any trouble dealing with the stroller on the train. Shannon's bus was a little late getting in, and there was a bit of confusion about where I was supposed to meet it, but everything worked out fine. We grabbed a snack at a sandwich shop and then made our way back to Alexandria, where we picked up pizzas and salad from Fireflies for dinner. Everything was delicious, and I was particularly intrigued by the "Red, White & Green" pizza - white pizza smeared with roasted garlic & goat cheese, topped with roasted red peppers, white onions, green olives & artichokes. So good! And it set the stage for even more amazing food to come, the next day.

Hardly a day goes by without Soren saying, "Let's see Diggin'?" by which he means, "I would like to watch 'I am a Paleontologist' by They Might Be Giants." ;)

No comments: