Monday, May 17, 2010

Adventures in Snotsville


Day 40


Day 130

Well, Soren's cold has begun to make its way around the family. No great surprise, but no less unpleasant for being anticipated. Poor Eleri could hardly sleep last night without choking on nose drippings. She didn't fare much better during today's naps. She's fine if she's relatively upright, but leave her horizontal for too long and she eventually starts sputtering and wakes herself up.

No other symptoms though, fortunately. It'll probably keep us home for a few days this week, just to be on the safe side, though the forecasted week of rain is likely to cancel all our outdoor playgroup activities, anyway.

Soren's been doing a funny thing. I've been meaning to mention this for a while but keep forgetting. Anyway, if I'm trying to get him to pay attention to me, and his mind is clearly elsewhere (on a toy, the cat, TV, what have you), I tend to gently take hold of his nose to steer his face toward mine so he'll meet my eyes. Recently he's turned this around on me; if I'm sitting at the computer, and he's asking for a snack or a book or something, and I give him a, "Just a second, bud," he'll reach up and grab my chin to turn my face toward his and then repeat his request. It cracks me up (and makes me feel a little contrite about wanting to finish reading a paragraph or typing a sentence before tending to him).

I think that's about all the excitement for today. I'll try to go a little easier on the snot talk tomorrow, but no promises. ;)

1 comment:

MC Squared said...

The boy is cute. That's going to get him in trouble with a kid at school or a teacher though.