Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Saturday:

Day 31


Day 121

Tom had lunch plans on Saturday afternoon, so the whole family accompanied me to the horse farm for my riding lesson in the morning. When we first pulled into the driveway and passed the fields, Soren's eyes got wide and he said, "Horsies!" Though it was still very dusty and windy out there this weekend, it was fortunately not as hot. I didn't hear any screaming or crying while I was riding, so I'm taking that as a sign that things weren't too difficult for Tom. ;) I wasn't quite as sore afterward, this time, which is also good.

We dropped Tom off on the way home and then puttered around for the remainder of the afternoon. Well, more accurately, I puttered around. Eleri napped. Soren bounced around the apartment like a pinball. In the evening we ate super tasty pulled pork sandwiches with sweet potato fries. Super delicious.

The little lass is four months old now! She'll have her next doctor visit early next week, so I'll have updated stats for you then. I'm predicting she's above 15 pounds now, though.

Sunday:

Day 32 / Day 122

Happy Mother's Day to me. :) We had a wonderfully mellow morning, then went to lunch at BGR. I tried The Wellington this time, and got the grilled asparagus "fries"...whoa. The Wellington is officially my new favorite burger of theirs, and the dusting of parmesan cheese was a really nice touch on the asparagus. Delish! After lunch we went to a playground so Soren could run around for a little while.

I finished The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (finally!) and will actually put up a review in the next few days. It wasn't quite what I expected.

Oh yeah, did I mention I got a haircut on Friday evening? I see that I did not, but I suppose it's pretty evident in the above photo. It is yet a bit shorter than before, on account of the approaching summer. (Naturally, it's been cooler out this weekend and is supposed to remain in the 60s for at least the next few days. Ha. Oh well.) Anyway. I don't really have anything especially interesting to say about it. So there you go.

That is all!

2 comments:

ACJC said...

Well hello Bucky and Vinnie...

susan said...

She's gotta eat somehow. ;)