Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that


Day 77


Day 167

Around 4:00 this morning, Soren woke up bawling and made his way into our bedroom. When he had recovered himself enough to speak, he told Tom, "I flop down in the pool. I scary." (By which he meant "scared.") Which I think officially makes this the first instance when he's been able to verbalize a nightmare. I feel bad for the little guy, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

Our mall walk today was canceled because everyone else was either out of town, sick or otherwise engaged. So poor Tom, whom I'd more or less assured 2 hours of kid-free quiet time to rest his back on the couch while watching the soccer game, was graced with our company instead. Yeah, I could have taken the kids out of his way, but I was happy about the opportunity to watch the game live, myself. Eleri, at least, went down for her nap just as it was beginning, so there was just the elder scraeling to contend with. And what a soccer game! Infuriating and excruciating and exhilarating in turn. I'm glad I got to watch it.

Eleri's slipped a little in her ability to settle herself, which is a bit less convenient than before but not entirely unexpected. She still wakes up happy more often than not, and that is a wonderful thing. Another wonderful thing is that she's started to gently grab at our faces when we're holding her. It's darling.

One more day of high 90s, and then it's supposed to storm and cool off (ever so slightly) again. I was talking to my sister yesterday evening, guessing that even though it's a good 20 degrees cooler here than where she lives, it's definitely more humid. I guessed the humidity to be in the high 30s, maybe 40%. This was not correct, however. Right now it's 9:30pm, 86 degrees with 73% humidity. Heh.

1 comment:

MC Squared said...

That little slip-up in the pool really affected the little Sir. Oh my gosh I just want to give him a hug from all the way over here. I can imagine how you guys felt.