Thursday, July 29, 2010

A better day


Day 113 / Day 203

I managed to shake off yesterday's funk and had myself a better day, today. Thanks for the advice; putting worries down on paper (or word processor) is definitely helpful with regards to working through and letting go.

Preschool day this morning. Soren wasn't really all that into it, and there were a few more families there than usually attend, so it was kind of chaotic, but what else were we going to do with our morning? I had the convenient excuse of a sleepy Eleri to stay largely out of the fray, and I was able to seek out a couple of (mostly) quiet places to sit while she snoozed on me.

On our way home, we stopped at Trader Joe's for some mid-week provisions. Soren went a little crazy with the stickers he was given in the check-out line.


(After he'd put the first 4 on his face, the cashier was so amused that he handed the boy another three feet off the sticker roll. Soren's observation: "Many, many stickers!")

Eleri's been doing this hilarious stick-my-tongue-out-the-side-of-my-mouth thing lately. She spent much of the afternoon crawling all over the place and trying to pull herself up on various pieces of furniture. She's getting faster and stronger every day.

Soren's started using longer and more complex sentences. I've upped the ante on his politeness practice; "How do you ask nicely?" no longer means he can get away with saying "[requested item] please." Now the correct response is "May I have [requested item] please?" This led, yesterday, to what may have been his longest sentence yet: "May I have mac cheese for lunch, please?" He's not even 2 1/2 yet. This evening he helped me drag a heavy basket of laundry into the bedroom, after which he said, "Thanks so much for carrying that!" Hehehe. He may be a little savage most of the time, but at least he's starting to sound more civilized.

Tomorrow we're headed back to the Building Museum for a preschool "field trip." Should be fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So , so sweet....big brother and little tongue-tied wonder! What gifts you give us, sharing each day with our special family...thanks!
XOXOXO Yaya & Buddy

ACJC said...

"May I have a little froggy that I can pee in and spill all over please?"