Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chugging along on the potty train


Day 105


Day 195

We had some more small successes with potty training today. He wore a diaper when we went to playgroup, but he was in unders at home, and only had one instance of "oops, I got too caught up in playing and forgot to go to the toilet." Kind of sad that this is considered a highlight of the day, these days, but such is the life of the parent of a potty training toddler!

Playgroup this morning was at the home of a girl named Gracie. Soren can't quite say her name correctly. He calls her Crazy. Hehe. "Going to Crazy's house, Mommy? Where's Crazy?" Crazy's mom found this quite amusing (which is good, since I suppose she could have been offended instead).

Run report for the evening (since I know at least ML is interested). I managed to average 6 mph over my 25 minutes and keep myself entertained by switching between 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5 mph in a repeating, ramp-up/ramp-down sort of pattern. It was tiring but not seriously overtaxing. I'll probably do the same thing on Friday.

This evening, Eleri was making a super silly "fish noise." This morning was the first time I returned from a brief trip out of the room to find her sitting in her crib, up from her tummy all by herself. (For those keeping score, that's 4 days earlier than Soren managed the same feat.)

1 comment:

MC Squared said...

I'm also interested in your running.