Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lesson Learned


Day 96


Day 186

I may have overbooked us on Monday morning. At the very least, I didn't manage to shove enough food at Soren before we headed out the door. There was a small-ish playdate (just a few other kids) happening not far from the rec center, so I figured we could stop by for an hour or so before continuing on to his Zoom Around the Room class. This actually worked out pretty well, except for the fact that Soren more or less ran out of juice halfway through his class. Ran around all happily for 20 minutes, then came over to where I was sitting with a sleeping Eleri, whining, "I'm done, I'm doooone!" He fetched his shoes out of the cubby, managed to get one of them on, tossed my shoes at me and headed for the door. Hehe. I felt bad for him, but it was still pretty funny. Turned out he was just hungry. I snuck him a small piece of fruit leather (there's a pretty strict "No Food or Drink" policy in the soft play room), and he sat with me for a few minutes before deciding he could manage to play just a little bit longer. He was also out of sorts because A was still on vacation, so he didn't get to play with his buddy on the playground before or after class.

After lunch, however, he was in better spirits. We played some games and read some books and drew with chalk. Y'know, standard sort of afternoon. In the evening, the kids were playing in front of the mirrored closet doors, being all cute. Silly kids.

No comments: