Monday, August 16, 2010

Mixed bag weekend

Saturday:

Day 129


Day 219

The weekend was a mix of progress and not, productivity and not. The weather Saturday morning was perfect for riding, but N had to go work her office job, so our lesson got combined with another one that goes at the same time. It was a little crowded, but we did all right. I'm a giant snob, and the other instructor kind of rubbed me the wrong way, but it's hard to complain too mightily when you get to ride a fun pony on a beautiful morning.

Tom's morning was rather less enjoyable. Soren has taken a huge step backward with the potty training in the last couple of weeks. He doesn't want to wear underpants, and even if we can cajole him into wearing them, he just treats them like a diaper. So that's fun. Probably will do us all some good to just take a break from the whole endeavor, until he decides he'd like to make an effort again.

There was much lazing about in the afternoon, as Tom and I were both pretty beat. Late in the afternoon, though, Tom packed Soren off to the park, and I got some stuff done around the house. Finished my book (see the post below), tended to some mail I'd been neglecting, and finally got my photo prints hung up. It's been, geez, a couple of months now since I ordered four nice 12" x 18" prints to hang on the wall. Nation's Photo Lab is a printing company based in Baltimore, and they have really reasonable prices for high quality mounted photo prints. (They very frequently seem to run half price sales, which is great.) I chose 4 seasonal photos, and now they're hanging on the wall above the couch.



Pretty cool! By the time all that was done, and I got Eleri down for her afternoon/evening nap, the boys still hadn't returned from the park. It was getting on toward dinner time, but I really didn't feel like cooking, so I ordered a couple of pizzas. Not three minutes after the pizzas' arrival, Tom and Soren walked through the front door...with carry-out for dinner. Hehe. We had a good laugh over that one.

Sunday:

Day 130


Day 220

Sunday morning I got back to the gym. It wasn't a very long run (3 x 1/2 mile, with exercises in between), but I ran at a higher speed - 4:28 for the first and third half-miles, 4:46 for the second. In between runs I did a set each of 5 pushups-20 situps-5 more pushups. I was thoroughly exhausted by the end of my last run. Not sure how I'm going to manage my workout again tonight (I'm also really sore through the ribs this morning, from the pushups), but I will find a way! Getting stronger won't happen without work.

While the boys went out to do the week's grocering, I made some progress on the week's laundry and did a little photo shoot with Eleri. I finally managed to get a decent shot showing all of her little teeth! (Trust me, it hasn't been for lack of trying, before.)

I've been derelict in my video-posting duties, but I will try to remedy that this afternoon. I've got a couple of good (albeit short) ones I can put up, once I get them pulled off the camera. Also need to get this place picked up in advance of...Mom's arrival tomorrow evening! I'm looking forward to having her here for a week & change. :)

No comments: