Friday, August 20, 2010

Rainy Wednesday


Day 133


Day 223

Wednesday it rained. All day. So we did something we haven't done in about a month.

We stayed home. All day. On a weekday. And it was fabulous.

My mom and the kids played and played and played. There were squeals of delight and giggles and silly guacamole songs. Late in the morning, I ducked out to the gym to get my running done before lunchtime. (A revolutionary concept!) I was all set to do my Wednesday 5k, but after about 3k my knee started bothering me. I pushed on to 3.5k (2.17 miles) and then called it quits. Stupid knee.

I caught a little nap on the couch after lunch while Eleri snoozed and Soren (you guessed it) played with Grandma. Later in the afternoon we made a pizza, which Soren and my mom had for dinner. When Tom got home from work, he and I got to go out to dinner by ourselves! It was nice to get away for a little while. And we made it almost an hour without talking about the kids. ;)

At bedtime, Soren was so exhausted that he fell asleep in the middle of story time, which has pretty much never happened. Certainly it's never happened on a day when we didn't even leave the apartment. I swear, I could really get used to this live-in babysitter thing. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure understand how you feel...I have really gotten used to having my wonderful daughter/friend and Sammy so close and enjoying life together....Isn't getting spoiled fun!! :)