Saturday, August 07, 2010

School Day 5k


Day 121


Day 211

Friday was our only preschool day this week. I was initially going to try and put Soren in underpants, see about letting peer pressure help out on the potty training front, but he was pretty adamant about wearing a diaper in the morning and I was just not in the mood to force it. Eleri - and, by extension, I - had slept pretty poorly the night before, so I was pretty tired. Turns out it was probably a good thing; even though Soren specifically told me in the car on the way there, "I'm not pooping any more!" I had to change his diaper twice while we were at school. Good times.

School was good, though. He seems to be enjoying himself, maybe still not getting tons out of it, but it'll probably be worth continuing to go in the Fall. We may still think about putting him in a "traditional" preschool when he's 3 or 4, but for now I think this will work out fine.

Soren was a veritable gold mine of amusing quotes on Friday.

(At the grocery store)
"Let's go find bananas. You can find bananas, for Soren?"
"Drinks! Have a good day!"

(And in the car)
"Oh my Donnel had a farm, e-i-yi-yo!"
"This is NPR. Support comes from...winchings...and...Eleri!"

He was also misinterpreting "forehead" as "fourhead" and calling it his "threehead." He's such a silly one.

Eleri's got a third tooth coming in (the other one on the bottom), and the fourth looks like it will likely be through by the end of the weekend. So many teeth, all at once!

In the evening, I completed the Couch-to-5k program by actually running 5k on the treadmill, and doing it in under 30 minutes! (Yes, 29:55 < 30:00.) Now I need to come up with something new to work toward. Probably I'll go back to doing shorter runs combined with some weight lifting twice a week, with a 5k length run once a week. We'll see.

Happy weekend!

No comments: