Thursday, September 02, 2010

Am I to understand there will be no side dishes?


Day 147


Day 237

This morning, Eleri decided that 6am would be a fine and dandy time to wake up. (This was after I'd just been up with her from 4 til 5. Yeah.) The past few times she's been in early riser mode, it's been pretty easy to cajole her into going back to sleep. Not so much, today. Tom & Soren were also both up before 7. I know there are plenty of people who get up ass-early every day (hell, I myself used to have to be at work by 6:30), but I've grown weak and soft in my tenure as a stay-at-home mom, at least as far as early rising is concerned.

Anyway. She was passed out again by 8:30. Figures.

We had a curriculum brainstorming meeting for the first "semester" of our co-op school year this morning. The kiddos ran and played while we worked through some basic lesson plan ideas. Well, the older kiddos ran and played; Eleri was stuck sitting on my lap, since we were outside, where there's much too much delicious dirt and junk to eat, but she didn't seem to mind hanging out with me. I was just glad for Soren to have an opportunity to expend some energy.

Afterward, we swung by Michael's for some more picture hanging thingies. Because I printed some AWESOME 12"x12" enlargements of some photos from our recent trip to the Reston Zoo to hang in Soren's room, and they arrived in the mail today. I am so in love with Nation's Photo Lab. Seriously, they do great work, and their prices are fabulous (even more so when they're running one of their excellent sales). It's all I can do to not just order a veritable crapload of photos to hang on all the walls. I'd like to stay married though, so... ;)

Had a major case of the sleepies in the afternoon (no great surprise), but we muddled on through. I fell short a bit on being the super enthusiastic, super attentive SuperMom I'd like to be, but Eleri had a few little naps and Soren did a fair job of entertaining himself (in a non-destructive manner). I'm sure all the running amok this morning didn't hurt. Tomorrow we're in for an exciting outing; we're headed back to Oxon Farm, just over the river into Maryland, for a tour and a cow-milking demonstration. I'm pretty excited. I think Soren will probably be very amused.

Here's hoping for a better night's sleep and a somewhat later morning!

1 comment:

ACJC said...

Do you mind if I teach Soren some more Cartman quotes? ;)