Friday, December 31, 2010

Rounding out 2010


Day 266


Day 356

Yesterday (Thursday) was highly unmemorable. I spent much of it editing and uploading pictures from our Charlottesville trip. Tom & Soren were out running errands for a little while. Tom made tasty stuffed peppers for dinner. The UPS man brought me a Christmas gift from Tom's parents - a very amusing t-shirt. Other than that, there's really not much to say about Thursday!


Day 267


Day 357

Today I dragged my lazy bum to the gym, mid-morning. I've been trying to go a few times a week, again. Doing circuits - 5 minute jog, 4 different arm/upper body exercises with dumbbells, hanging leg raises - two or three times. The gym's been weirdly crowded the last couple of times, such that the last free treadmill is being snagged while I'm on my third round of exercises. I've been using that as an excuse to not do a fourth circuit. ;)

Tonight really doesn't feel like New Year's Eve. I have to keep reminding myself (or other peoples' Facebook statuses keep reminding me). Funny how parenthood changes your perspective on things like that.

I cracked open the calculus book this afternoon for the first time in a while. It's infuriating how easily I get tripped up by stuff, working through problem sets. It shouldn't be this difficult! The errors I'm making are really lame! I know I won't get any better unless I keep working at it, but jeez. I hate feeling incompetent, even with regard to something as admittedly tricky as calculus.

I've got to write the Year in Review post for 2010. I feel like it zipped by so fast, so I'm actually kind of looking forward to digging back through the blog archives to remember just how much we did this past year. I didn't get through quite as many books as I'd hoped (sort of petered out at the end), but I'm pretty sure I read more than I did in 2009. I'll definitely start a new list for the new year, keep going with that. Maybe a movie tally as well, since we've been renting more stuff from Redbox these days.

Happy New Year, everyone. :)

No comments: