Sunday, January 02, 2011

Chewbacca works at the Pentagon!


Day 269


Day 359

This post's title comes from one of Soren's hilarious quotes of the day today. That boy sure is funny.

I don't think I mentioned this in yesterday's post, but it was something like 57 degrees yesterday. New Year's Day. I went to the store in the afternoon and was perfectly comfortable without a sweater or coat. It was a tad cooler today (I wore a long-sleeved shirt instead of a short-sleeved one) but still a far cry from the icy winds from barely a week ago.

So, I've already written about the day's biggest excitement (if you can call it that). Poor Soren kept asking us if he could play his Hooked on Phonics game on the computer. When we told him the computer was broken, he insisted it was fine. "It just needs batteries!" Ah, would that that were true, little man.

Eleri has been getting a huge kick out of offering one of us a piece of food from her high chair tray, holding it out until we come close enough for her to feed it to us. She'll wait until we've nearly got it and then yank her hand backward with peals of laughter. "Want to share some of my food? Here you go...psych! Teehehehehehe!" She and Tom were cracking each other up at dinner time this evening, making scrunchy nose faces back and forth. We've got a couple of little comedians here, for sure.

Tomorrow it's back to the old grind. Work for Tom, chores and errands for the kiddos & me. I sure enjoyed the break, though!

1 comment:

B.K. said...

"It just needs batteries!" --T-shirt. Along with the chewbaca quote, of course. :)