Saturday, January 01, 2011

MMXI


Day 268


Day 358

Welcome, one and all, to 2011! Did you know 2011 is not only a prime number but also a sum of 11 consecutive primes*? I think that is pretty nifty.

I'm about ready to night-wean Eleri, but not ready to deal with the 2am screamfest that will ensue when she's denied her mid-night snackings. I suppose, in hindsight, that Tom's vacation week actually would have probably been the ideal time to undertake a project likely to deprive us of sleep. Oops. I don't remember this being a super difficult thing with Soren, but it's possible I've blocked the worst of it from my memory. We've had a few brutal nights this week, sleep-wise. I keep hoping she's getting teeth or something, which would explain the increased desire to nurse (she's eating tons during the day, so I'm not worried about her not getting enough solid food), but I'm not seeing any sign of emergent dentition.

I do know that this, too, shall pass. It's just not heaps of fun at the moment.

The past two nights I have incorporated into dinner mushrooms (and varying vegetables) sauteed in butter and white wine. It's marvelously tasty. I mean, wow. I put that on pizza last night (mushrooms, onions, orange bell pepper & garlic), and then tonight it was just kind of a side dish (mushrooms, onions & artichoke hearts). Way good.

Soren's been getting a big kick out of the fireman's hat we got him for Christmas. He can spend a good half hour running back and forth across the living room, putting out fires and then returning to his fire truck (bed). It's pretty funny.


* (157+163+167+173+179+181+191+193+197+199+211)

No comments: