Tuesday, February 01, 2011

It's the little things


Day 299


Day 24

Today Soren sounded out the word "camera," all on his own and absent any context (no picture of a camera next to the word to give him any clues. He also figured out how to spell "mushroom" by sounding it out and identifying the necessary letters, one at a time. I thought that was pretty freakin' good.

And then I caught him later, sitting on the couch, calmly chewing on one of his books. So, y'know...

* * *

I'm pretty sure Eleri said "Kitteh!" this morning, and meant it. She was pointing at Leo and everything. But I couldn't get her to say it again, so who knows?

Speaking of Eleri, she finally fell off our bed in the middle of the night, several nights ago. When Soren rolls off our bed in his sleep, even now, it's very dramatic. Eleri, on the other hand, kind of just went, "Waah." And then fell almost immediately back asleep nearly the moment I picked her up. Different kids, I tell ya!

* * *

We went to the grocery store this afternoon (yet again to replenish our dwindling yoghurt supplies). Toward the end of our outing, Soren started getting pretty grumpy, complaining first about having to ride in the cart, and then about having to walk. He was pretty clearly just tired and crabby, so I thought there was at least a decent chance he'd fall asleep in the car on the way home. Even though I didn't mention anything about sleeping, he insisted as I was buckling his seat belt, "It's not my nap time." I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure he had passed out before we even hit the freeway, despite the fact that I had music playing and Eleri was being kind of loud. Hehe. I took the above picture after we'd parked at home. He was snoring, even. Poor tired little dude. I felt bad about waking him up, but we did have ice cream that needed to get upstairs.

* * *

The temperature is supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow. The 50s! I might wear a tshirt, even though the forecast also calls for rain.

* * *

Pomplamoose has been doing a live weekly webcast thing the past few Tuesday nights. It's terribly amusing. I think they post the recorded shows on their YouTube page, maybe. I'll have to check it out in the morning and provide links, if possible.

* * *

One last thing and then I'm hitting the hay. There's a blog now for our new playschool group, with pictures and such from our first two field trips. You can check it out here if you like.

Good night for now!

4 comments:

MC Squared said...

You're so hip:

http://kottke.org/11/01/cameras-for-kids

You might like to get the card they talk about at the end of the article and offload some of your Soren chores onto technology.

susan said...

You know, that post was actually what inspired me to set up a Flickr account for Soren in the first place. I thought about getting one of those wifi cards, but then I'd definitely have to upgrade him to a pro account. He probably takes about 20 photos of his thumb for every 1 he takes of something else. ;)

ACJC said...

Soren Says = hilarious

susan said...

He's a funny dude ;)