Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Photos to follow

Hello! I'm behind again (shocking, I know) on pulling photos off my camera, but here's what we've been up to.

Saturday:
Horse day! It was damp, but a touch warmer than it's been these past several weeks, out at the barn. I was assigned a horse named Stringbean, a somewhat elderly former-prelim-level eventer who is, shall we say, still very much young at heart. Dude's 20 years old, but still enjoys acting like a silly colt and occasionally trying to buck people off. I used to ride lots of goofy horses back in my hey-days (hay-days?), with confidence and competence to spare, so you can imagine my chagrin when I found myself battling nerves over Stringbean's antics. I know, I'm not 18 anymore, but sheesh. Anyway. I've been missing my buddy Chaka, so I asked if I could ride him again for a week or two, and then I'll get back on Stringbean. (Because when he's not being a dork, he's quite a nice mover and a lot of fun to ride.)

As for the rest of Saturday, I'm not sure there's much to tell. I'm not remembering anything especially noteworthy at the moment, anyway.

Sunday:
Chores, errands, etc. When the guys got back from a trip out to play at the park and bring home lunch, Eleri greeted them with a "Hi!" So that was extra cute. She's also started saying "Hee-go!" (here you go) when she brings us things. That and her "Bo" - when playing peekaboo - just slay me. :)

Monday:
It was a bit warmer on Monday, perfect weather for our planned outing to the zoo. We had a great time! We saw the elephants doing yoga. We saw the panda out getting some sun. We saw the lion cubs frolicking and playing. We saw the orangutans out for a walk along their O Line. We saw the octopus playing with a ball and the spiny spotted lobster getting fed. The kids had a great time with their friends, and I enjoyed hanging out with the other moms.

We drove to the zoo this time, instead of taking the metro, and our drive took us along the Rock Creek Parkway. It's a surprisingly pretty route! Very scenic, and somewhat surprising, located right there in the District.

Tuesday:
The kids both woke up with disgustingly snotty noses, so it's probably a good thing we didn't have any big plans for the day. We did make it out to run an errand in the afternoon, and Eleri, who had been awake all day up to that point, finally fell asleep in the car on the way home (about 3:30 in the afternoon). So I took an extra long and circuitous way home, so that she could get a decent nap. Soren eventually fell asleep too, resulting in the rare delight of tiny snores being the only sounds coming from the back seat of the car. ;) Hehe.

Wednesday:
The day's not over yet, obviously, but I don't expect to have much to report from this afternoon/evening, anyway. We went walking at the mall this morning, but we didn't stay to play afterward, on account of the lingering snots. Soren was pretty bummed about having to leave, but he was a good sport about it. One funny thing from the morning - there's a dance studio we pass by in the mall while we're walking, and they have a Zumba class going on Wednesday mornings. Each time we passed, Soren started dancing along to the music, in the stroller. Hehe. I'm sure he would have just joined right in if given the opportunity.

I'm hoping the little weasels are well enough to go to Zoom class tomorrow, though I won't be the mom who brings her kid to class with rivers of snot issuing forth from his nose, wiping with his hands and then touching all the stuff in the soft play room. So we'll see. They are both looking quite a bit better this afternoon, so perhaps it's not completely a lost cause.

Speaking of lost causes, Photoshop is mysteriously refusing to open, despite repeated restarts of the computer. I'm not sure what's going on there. But I will endeavor to post at least some of the pictures from the past few days.

No comments: