Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Playing ketchup

February has not been a very good month for blog upkeep, I'm sorry to say. I can't even say where the time's been going, since I have fallen behind on my reading and calculus practice as well. And with Photoshop still on the fritz, I certainly haven't been spending my evenings editing pictures. Life just gets miscellaneously busy sometimes, I guess.

I have, at least, been good about remembering to take at least one photo of the kids each day, and I've been reasonably good about uploading said photos to Flickr every few days or so. So there's that.

We're still battling the snot monster of 2011 around here. It's mostly just Eleri who's still afflicted at this point, so I'm hopeful that we will finally, someday soon, all be healthy again for at least a little while.

Teething continues in earnest. The lass has all her central and lateral incisors, top and bottom, and just in the past couple of days, three of her molars have finally popped through the gums (and the fourth will probably make an appearance by the end of the week). The whole process has been an interesting contrast to Soren's teething experiences in that Eleri's not really tended to lose her appetite or her desire for solid foods. When Soren got his molars, he just wanted to nurse and nurse and nothing else, but Eleri is quite happy to tuck into pretty much whatever food she's presented with. We joke about her being our little carnivore, since she seems to really love chicken, beef, lamb, pork, basically any kind of meat, much more than Soren does even now. I don't know if she's just naturally less picky or if the earlier introduction of finger foods has been beneficial. Probably a bit of both.

Soren continues to amaze me with his ability to sound out words. Absent any tricky vowel combinations, he's generally able to figure out just about whatever Tom or I throw at him. It's pretty neat. He's also been really into acting out sequences from his current favorite show, Super Why. He did this, very nearly, all day long today. Which is cute, but less fun (for me) than you might think. ;)

That's all I've got for the moment. I know I owe you pictures and videos and stuff, but check out Flickr for now, and I'll have more things posted here soon. :)

No comments: