Monday, March 21, 2011

30DOB #2

Day 2: Put your ipod on shuffle: List the first 10 songs that play.

I only have a couple of hundred songs on my iPod right now, and 62 of them are by Liz Phair. Hence, she shows up rather a lot when my 'pod's on shuffle.

iPod:
1. Vitamins - Supernova
2. Nashville - Liz Phair
3. Blue Eyes - Cary Brothers
4. Winding Road - Bonnie Somerville
5. Transatlanticism - Death Cab For Cutie
6. Alice Springs - Liz Phair
7. G.O.D. (Good Old Days) - Fastball
8. Highroyds - Kaiser Chiefs
9. Never Said - Liz Phair
10. Caring is Creepy - The Shins

By contrast, here are the first 10 that play when I shuffle what's stored on the computer (1,368 total, currently).

iTunes:
1. The Prize - Semisonic
2. Clean Getaway - Caviar
3. Michael - Franz Ferdinand
4. Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits - The Magnetic Fields
5. Nice Car, Boy - Jack Johnson
6. Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd
7. I'm Looking Through You - The Beatles
8. Let's Get it Up - Hayseed Dixie
9. Big Tall Man - Liz Phair
10. Winter Time - Steve Miller Band

And just for fun, here's the sort of stuff I listen to when I'm at the gym.

Exercise playlist on shuffle:
1. New Slang - The Shins
2. Modern Way - Kaiser Chiefs
3. Let Go - Frou Frou
4. Killer Hair - my head
5. This Too Shall Pass - OK Go
6. Rainbow Sign - Fruit Bats
7. Broken - Unkle
8. Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
9. Valley Winter Song - Fountains of Wayne
10. How To Fly - Brian Vogan and His Good Buddies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Frou Frou, I caught a Jeff Beck special featuring among others, Imogen Heap, which was my intro to her.
Then she had a special on the intertubes, which was very creative to say the least.

Grandpa J

susan said...

I like a lot of her stuff! I downloaded quite a few songs at one point, but they're on CDs or external hard drives or something right now. Media other than the current desktop hard drive or my iPod, basically.