Thursday, March 31, 2011

30DOB #7

Day 7: Write about the meaning behind your blog name.

The Turn of the Sue is a reference to the Henry James novella, The Turn of the Screw, which I read in high school. To be perfectly honest, I don't really remember much about the plot of the book. Little boy, little girl, country estate, creepiness, ghost(s). Back when I was starting the blog, I was looking for a name that was sort of a pun/play on a book title. Admittedly, I was going for kind of an in-joke that would demonstrate that I'm at least moderately well-read. (Snob! Nerdy, nerdy snob!) This was the best I could come up with. ;) I wasn't super thrilled with it at first, but it's grown on me over the years. And of course there's the double meaning (this blog is my turn to speak).

So yeah, there you have it.

No comments: