Monday, May 16, 2011

30DOB #13

Day 13: Write about the top search engine keywords that bring people to your blog.

I use Statcounter, though up until about a month ago, it had been a really long time since I'd looked at it. Blogger also started offering site stats a couple of years ago, but interestingly, Blogger and Statcounter are not always in agreement about things like traffic and search keywords. Also, Blogger's data goes back to May 2009, while Statcounter only has stuff from my blog's last 500 hits. So I'm using both sources to come up with stuff to write about for this post.

Unfortunately, the search engine traffic to my blog is all pretty boring. (Problem Girl, on the other hand, has some great ones. Go ahead and click through. You'll laugh.)

In the last 2 years, 105 people (or one person 105 times, or some combination thereof) have found me by googling "turn of the sue." The second most popular search term is "bonsaisue."

(I told you this would be boring.)

I have gotten a few hits for "scarpetta factor spoiler," which has lead people to this post. Sorry, folks, for the lamest spoilers ever.

I've also had a few people searching for "hey it's pomplamoose" and some for "salvador plascencia."

One person has come looking for "ishiguro realism" and one for "toddlers poop shyness." One person searched for "soren charlottesville," one for "soren on the potty" (erm) and one for "ira glass green screen suit" (heh). And finally, someone was looking for "dr sue hacking."

So there you have it.

No comments: