Friday, July 08, 2011

18 months

Eleri had her 18 month checkup this morning. The first thing the doctor said when he came in was, "Well, she looks like she eats well." Indeed, she is large but proportional - 26 lbs, 32.75" long, head circumference 19.5" (75th, 81st and 98th %iles, respectively). That's a big noggin. Heh. Everything else checked out fine, and as per usual, Soren was silly and charming and elicited a couple of, "Wow, he's really smart, isn't he?" remarks from the doc.

Since I already gave a run-down of her recent vocabulary expansion, I don't have much else to add here. Oh! Except that yesterday she came up to me kind of out of the blue and said, "Potty. Potty." So just for the heck of it, I took off her diaper and sat her on the froggy potty, and she peed! And then she went again before bathtime. I was pretty shocked, since her potty productivity up to now has been spotty at best (spotty potty production). And I'm obviously not going to jump up and down and declare her ready to start potty training in earnest, but it still seemed like a noteworthy happening.

That's all for now.

No comments: