Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Girls' Weekend / Boys' Trip


Day 100


Day 189

Saturday was the wedding. Tom got lots of pictures. Soren, by all accounts, had a great time playing with his cousins and visiting his grandparents. And of course, he looked pretty darned cute doing it. :)

Eleri and I, meanwhile, had a relaxed morning and then took our car in to get some new tires. Fortunately, we found a tire shop just down the road, so we were able to walk back home when they said they needed to keep the car for a few hours. We had lunch, Eleri had her nap, and after she woke up, we walked back for the car. Then we went to the playground & grocery store. Dinner, bedtime (for Eleri) and a bunch of photo-editing/posting (for me).


Day 101


Day 190

This picture of Soren is actually from Monday morning. The guys spent much of Sunday in the air, headed home.

Some time in the middle of the night, Eleri came in our room and (I think) tripped and fell against our bed frame. The very same bed frame that caused a 3am ER visit for poor Soren last year. The corner (we think) he fell against is pretty well padded now, but as far as I can tell, it looks like Eleri may have scraped her lip on the straight side of the frame. Nothing was bleeding in the middle of the night, but the little surface abrasion got more and more noticeable as the next morning wore on. Didn't seem to bother her too much, at least. But that's what is going on in the above picture.

So, on Sunday, Eleri & I ran some errands, stopping at Chipotle for lunch. El's been very anti-high chair lately, which isn't a huge issue, but it can be a bit irksome when we go to restaurants. Especially when I forget and order something - like tacos - that's tough to eat one-handed with a squirmy toddler on my lap. This time, it actually looked like she was going to be fine with it, but after a few minutes in the high chair, she started fussing. And soon she was having a full-on meltdown while I shoved my lunch down my gullet as fast as possible. Sigh. I mostly avoided contact with everyone around me, so I don't know how many nasty glares I got, but there were at least a couple of people who looked on me pityingly.

And then of course, as soon as I was finished eating and could hold her on my lap, she was instantly happy. Ah well.

After her nap, the lass and I went down to the pool for a bit and then took it easy for the rest of the afternoon/evening. I gave her a bath and (as I mentioned in the last post) tried to get her to fall asleep a bit earlier than usual so I could get some last-minute things done before we had to go pick up the guys at the airport, but 'twas not to be. I was pretty surprised by how long she stayed awake, even once we were in the car and on the road. She finally did pass out for a while, but the excitement of reuniting with Tom and Soren was a bit too stimulating. Hehe. I did have the very cliched heartwarming experience of seeing Soren come running down the airport hallway for a hug, and he was quite thrilled to tell me all about his trip. (Me, and anyone else who would listen, as we quickly discovered after he trotted away from us at the baggage carousel to chat with some guys.)

It was a quick trip for sure, and no doubt a tiring one for Tom & Soren, but it sounds like they had a fantastic time. I'm really glad they got to go, and it was nice to have a couple of days of one-on-one time with Eleri. :)

No comments: