Saturday, August 27, 2011

30DOB #15

Been a while since I did one of these. I didn't forget though, honest. Let's see what we're up to, now.

Day 15: Write about a habit that you wish you didn’t have.

Ah, halfway! Hmm, a habit that I wish I didn't have. You mean besides starting things and then taking months and months to finish them, if indeed I don't abandon them entirely? ;) I guess that's not technically a habit.

This one's actually a complete no-brainer for me. I am, and have always been, a nail biter. As I've gotten older I seem to be doing more picking at my nails than actually chewing on them, but that's really no better. Oh, there have been periods of time, months even, when I have managed to curb the impulse to gnaw & pick, but I always fall off the wagon. Every time. It's nasty and embarrassing to have scraggly-ass fingernails and cuticles, not to mention painful when they (almost inevitably) get ripped too short. Ugh.

The worst thing about nervous habits like this is that, more often than not, I don't even realize I'm doing it until the damage is done. Or I've, you know, BROKEN A DAMNED TOOTH. Sigh. Tom's pretty good about catching me and shaming me sufficiently that I quit for a while, but that's not so helpful if he's at work or something. Guess I need to train the kids to do the job when he's not here. Heh.

Anyway! There you go. I'll try to get through the second half of these 30DOB things faster than I did the first half. ;)

No comments: