Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I have to remember how to write amusing titles


Day 123


Day 212

Forgive me. I haven't blogged daily in quite some time. ;)

So, today was our last Zoom Around the Room class for this session. Kind of hard to believe, since it feels like we just started. Soren made a new friend this time, so hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch now that class is over. This morning was the day to sign up for the next session's classes. Since Soren will be in preschool 3 days a week, we only signed him up for stuff on the weekend (soccer on Saturday, swimming on Sunday). I did sign Eleri up for one class that she and I will be able to go to, together, after we drop Soren off for school on Friday morning. So that should be fun. :) Nothing starts til mid-September, so we've got quite a few weeks between now and then.

This afternoon we got a memo under our door, informing us that the gym and indoor pool will be closed for construction for the next 3 months. Gah! Just as I'm getting into the exercising groove again. *sigh* The claim is that management will try to find us someplace else to work out in the interim, and I suppose there's always the option to run outside. I'll figure something out.

This evening I made a killer roast chicken. Super juicy, crispy skin (to which I'm crediting a little butter and bacon under the skin, plus some well-timed basting), really flavorful. Recipe snagged from here. A+++, will make again!

3 comments:

ml said...

there's nothing wrong with walking outside either. some walking is better than nothing, if the energy barrier to run is too high =)

ACJC said...

Love the pic of El and Leo.

susan said...

ML - Yeah, that's true. Plus, I can pretty much always make it harder by pushing Soren in the stroller and carrying Eleri on my back. ;)

Amy - Me too.