Thursday, October 06, 2011

Someday I'll learn to blog again

Until then, though, here are some more snippets of cuteness.

Eleri frequently leaves the first 's' off words that start with a blended s-consonant sound. So she says Soren just fine (well, "Sowen") and 'sh' words well enough, but sneakers and spicy snacks are "neakers" and "picy nacks." She also softens the 't' in words starting with 'st,' which is how she ends up sometimes shouting excitedly about "My dick!" at the playground or "Dickers!" in the craft store. Hehehe.

* * * * *

The way Eleri asks questions cracks me up. She peaks in the middle, with the rest of her query almost added as an afterthought.

"What's THAT?! Sound."
"Read THIS?! Book."
"Where DADDY?! Go."

Hehe.

* * * * *

Soren is enjoying the heck out of preschool. He's been making all kinds of cute little art projects, and he's so proud of them. Tomorrow he's the class VIP (Very Important Preschooler), which means he gets to bring snack for everyone and something for show & tell. Also, he gets to be the line leader when they go to the gym or playground or wherever as a group. He is very excited. It's adorable.

* * * * *

It's become something of a routine for us to watch a Signing Time DVD (or two) in the afternoons. Eleri's still on the one-nap-per-week schedule (slightly modified this week, as she's been a little under the weather) so it seems to benefit everyone to have some chill-out time after lunch. Both kids are learning lots of signs, which is great. Soren's taken to asking me, "What's the sign for [insert object of interest]?" and when I say I don't know, he wants to look it up online.

* * * * *

We leave in a little less than a week for our vacation. Soren's super excited about the trip, keeps talking about it, keeps asking if we're leaving tomorrow, etc. I'm not looking especially forward to the long plane rides with Eleri (she's at kind of a tough age for the whole "sitting still for extended periods of time" thing) so hopefully it won't be too bad. Fingers crossed!

* * * * *

As always, even if I've been letting my blogging slip, I've kept up with the daily photos (mostly...I miss one day every now and again, but I just take pictures the next morning and call it good), so check out Flickr for all the latest. :) Eventually I will get my act back together with the blog. Probably. ;)

4 comments:

Tom said...

Soren is really cuting it up about preschool. He loves it.

Anonymous said...

We appreciate all that you do to keep us all up to date.

Grandpa J

Anonymous said...

What did Soren show & tell?
Yaya

susan said...

He brought a little toy airplane and a library book about going on a plane trip. :)