Sunday, November 06, 2011

Feastination

As per usual, we had a ton of food at Max & Agnes's house. We ordered dinner from Nando's Peri Peri (a Portuguese chicken place), and everything was delicious. We got chicken in three different flavors, mashed potatoes, corn, butternut squash, peas, coleslaw, and pita slices with red pepper dip. Plus, Alice had brought over a pumpkin pie, so we all had a bit of that for dessert. I'm glad I did so much at the gym this morning in preparation. ;)

On the way to the city, we got on the freeway just as a secret service convoy was driving past. I think that's maybe the first time I've seen a full-on convoy (including multiple big black SUVs with the rear windows rolled down to reveal heavily armed dudes) since we've lived here. So that was amusing. I'll have to check the news and see if the president had an event in southern-Northern Virginia this afternoon. Hehe.

I'm feeling the time change this evening. Definitely ready for bed, despite the relatively early hour on the clock. Soren doesn't have school tomorrow (teacher in-service day...boo), so we'll have to come up with something entertaining to do.

No comments: