Tuesday, November 08, 2011

This & That

I'm not going to lie. Having English Jenny around is a little like having a Mary Poppins, without the singing.

(Actually, it's not that much like it. But the thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion, when she's playing with the kids. What can I say? You all know I am easily amused.)

Eleri is getting more and more talkative every day. I need to video her more often. Or, you know, at all. (Bad mommy.)

We had A over for a little while today. I took all the kids to the playground, where Soren & A spent a good 20 minutes playing some sort of rescue game that involved running up and down the play structure stairs over, and over, and over, and over again. Any game that requires that much exertion is a fantastic game, as far as I'm concerned. Of course, it meant that the boys were a little extra whiny when it was time to head home for lunch, but they're whiny regardless of when we leave. I'll take a bit of extra whining in exchange for a reduced level of maniacal running around in the afternoon.

Then again, I was yet again barely able to handle Soren's constant stream of noise and inane questions this afternoon ("Why does that stop sign say stop on it?" et cetera). Grr. I realize that's more my problem than his, but I think the fact that he was worn out from the morning's running around made him a bit more verbally manic, if that makes any sense. Surely there's got to be a perfect balance to be found somewhere, but I certainly haven't found it yet. ;)

He is really thrilled to be getting back to school tomorrow though. So I'm glad about that.

No comments: