Monday, June 18, 2012

Here's the Media-media-media-media-media

It's been a while since I posted about some of the things we're watching and listening to around here. Some of the songs the kids are fixated on right now:
And this one.


Seriously. Eleri must have watched the above video about 25 times on the day I introduced her to it.

Pomplamoose put out a new song and music video that Tom & I have been enjoying. It's a bit of a departure from their previous style, both musically and visually, and it's tremendously entertaining.


Also, anyone who's been in my general vicinity within the past six or eight weeks has heard me raving about Sherlock. It's a BBC series based on the Sherlock Holmes stories but set in the present day, and it's excellent. Funny and smart and visually interesting, and they occasionally do just lift sections of dialogue right out of the original stories. Seriously. Watch it.

We've also been enjoying some books by Jasper Fforde. Tom & I both read The Eyre Affair (the first book in the Thursday Next series) and listened to Shades of Grey (not Fifty Shades of Grey) on CD, and Tom's started reading the second "Thursday Next" book.

That's all I can think of for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pomplamoose never ceases to amaze!