Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A fungus among us

So, Soren and I have ringworm. Yippee! I have no idea how we got it. (Well, that's not actually true. I got it from him. I suspect he got it by virtue of being a four year old boy who touches everything and doesn't wash his hands enough.) Up to now I had not, to the best of my knowledge, ever had it before, so the lad and I have both gone days and days - in his case, over a week - with it before I finally figured out what it was, this evening. So, naturally, I'm assuming the whole house is infected and it's just a matter of time before some pops up on Eleri & Tom too. Let the psychosomatic (and actual) itching begin!

2 comments:

Amy said...

at least it's not pinworms

MCSquared said...

I got this once from petting a dog. The anti-fungal I was prescribed was the same as a common feminine yeast infection drug, and was packaged as such. At the same time I was on bone density meds marketed and packaged for older women. My male ego was at a low point. :-)