Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Turkey Duck Day

Oh look. I made that same joke three years ago. Hehe.

Happy Thanksgiving! We had our friend Carlota & her kids over for dinner this year.

On the menu:
- duck
- salad
- pumpkin/black bean soup
- mashed sweet potatoes
- cornbread stuffing
- cranberries
- nine BAJILLION spanakopita
- homemade rolls
- apple pecan pie

I think that was everything. There was also wine, so it's possible I'm forgetting something else...

I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful that my kids have good relationships with all of their grandparents. I'm thankful that we've (almost) got a house to call our very own. I'm thankful for Tom's good nature and Soren's silly nerdiness and Eleri's snuggly sweetness. I'm thankful for health and good friends and good food and good wine and warmth and hugs and laughter. Life is pretty freaking great.

1 comment:

madre said...

We're thankful for you and all you've brought into our lives!
You never cease to amaze us! XO