Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Just keep writing!

I need to put something up on the blog. What should I write?

I dunno, I'll post something later.

Okay. Yes! Later.


*days go by*

Erm...oops.

Soooooo yeah. For weeks and weeks and weeks now I've been saying that I wanted to get seeds started for this year's container garden. One minor problem was that I could NOT for the freaking LIFE of me find our seeds from last year. Couldn't find 'em. Anywhere. And even though we moved and a bunch of stuff is still boxed and stashed at the tops of closets, there really weren't all that many places they could have been. So that was frustrating. But then my friend Carlota gave me a bunch of herb seeds, so I had no good excuse not to at least get those started and STILL weeks went by.

Is anybody sensing a pattern, here?

Finally, though, finally today I decided that enough was enough and we were going to take advantage of the beautiful afternoon and plant those seeds! And on a whim, I decided to check one last box in the spare room, which I was pretty sure was full of letters and cards and pictures but NOPE. I found the vegetable seeds. They'd been right there all along, in a box I'd passed over time and time again. Ha. So we got out the seed starting tray, filled the little cells up with dirt, drew up a planting diagram (so we could remember what we'd planted where) and got those seeds in.

Alphabetically, we've planted:
  • Basil
  • Calendula
  • Carrots
  • Chard
  • Cilantro
  • Jalapenos
  • Lavender
  • Mustard
  • Nasturtium
  • Rosemary
  • Sage
  • Tomatoes

Not bad for a start! Hopefully at least some of them will take. I've had a really poor success rate with cilantro in the past, so I'm not holding my breath on that one, and last year we really only got basil, jalapenos, sage & chard, despite planting a bunch of other stuff. But hey, at least we've made it past step one. Seeds are in the trays. Woo-hoo!

(And another post is on the blog. Go, me.)

No comments: