Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nerd arts & crafts

Well. A more accurate title would be "Arty-crafty projects related to my current nerdy obsession, which is, of course, Doctor Who." But that's significantly less pithy.

But you know me. I like to make things. It's fun! So in the past month or so I've:


Awesomeified my purse a bit


And patched some jeans

But it's been a while since I made any custom shirts for the kids. As a matter of fact, I'd never done one specifically for Eleri before. So last week I sat down with her and asked what she wanted me to draw. We went through some options, looked at stuff on Google Image like I usually do with Soren, and she ultimately decided that she wanted this:


(Artist credit here)

Well, I told her I'd see what I could come up with. Naturally, as soon as Soren heard us talking about it, he decided he wanted one for himself, too, so I agreed to make him one as well. Just finished them today, and I think they turned out rather smashingly.


El's


Soren's

No comments: