Thursday, December 05, 2013

Cold season can bite me

Having both kids in school all morning is kind of a glorious thing. I woke up feeling crappy and horrendously congested, but I got to go drop them off and then camp out on the couch for a couple of hours. I drank tea and watched most of The Second Coming, which is a British miniseries from ten or so years ago (really mini...just 2 episodes long). And because there are only like 20 working actors in the UK, there were a bunch of people in it that I recognized from Doctor Who and other stuff. It was pretty good, I thought.

Eleri lounged around with me (sort of...she's wiggly) in the afternoon until it was time to pick up Soren, and then they mostly entertained each other until dinner time. Definitely a change from the days when they both needed constant monitoring and diapers and whatnot. How nice to actually sort of be able to rest a bit when I'm sick!

It was also weirdly warm today. I'm talking mid to upper 60s. I drove home from fetching El with the car windows rolled down. Turned off the heat and opened up the house! Of course, it's supposed to be rainy and cold again by tomorrow or Saturday. Back to proper wintry weather once again.

No comments: