Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Last Slow Morning

"Slow morning" is actually kind of a misnomer. Today was the last day this week we didn't have anything planned for the morning. Nowhere to be. You'd think this would be a great thing. Or, I mean, I would.

Ha.

Yeah, there's more initial work involved in getting everyone ready and out the door in the morning, but most of the time you (we) end up with less of the manic bouncing-off-the-walls that tends to happen when we stick around the house. It's not as though I don't know this, but somehow I always seem to lull myself into the false sense of "but it'll be so much easier if we don't have to rush anywhere." Sigh.

But! We made some more bracelets on the little rubber band loom thing I bought them, and once lunch time rolled around, I got my act together and got us out of the house. A rare lunch out (they've been begging for lunch at Noodles & Co for months now), and then some erranding. Home again, and an early dinner prep because tae kwon do was at 6pm tonight. I'm surprised it took this long for the people there to be all, "Soooooo, you planning on continuing here once your free two weeks are up?" I told them that we're already pretty booked for the rest of the summer, between classes and camps and stuff, but that we'd maybe be interested in coming back once school starts up again, provided the kids keep enjoying these two trial weeks. It seems like they have a pretty solid, well-rounded program there, and I can see a lot of benefit from kids doing martial arts type stuff, what with the constant reinforcement of respect and discipline and such. Anyway, we'll see. If they want to pursue it, I think it definitely could be worth the investment.

And oh yes, for my own future reference: dinner tonight was this marinated pork tenderloin recipe over an arugula salad (featuring beets, goat cheese, and green beans from our own garden!) Super tasty. A++ will make again.

No comments: