Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Memory jar basket


I think I first came across the idea of a memory jar on Pinterest 3 or 4 years ago. The idea is pretty straightforward: Starting January 1st, when something good or memorable happens, you write it down on a piece of paper and stick it in the year's memory jar. The next New Year's Eve, you open up the jar and read through everything you've written down over the past year. I thought the idea sounded neat, and I said (at the time), "Yep. We oughta do that."

And then... I never did it.

Until now.

I didn't think we had a jar big enough for papers from all 4 of us, so I set up this basket. So far, I think only Soren and I have availed ourselves of the memory basket, but the year is quite young yet. ;) I'm hopeful that it'll catch on and we'll keep up with it all year long.

No comments: